Re: [load balancing] Big-IP 5100 gigabit interface stops sending/receiving traffic

From: Computer Guy <ethersecIZZATyahoo.com>
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 00:36:31 EDT

It's hard to say which one's to blame except for the
point that we've never seen this with other gear. In
any case, we're running CatOS and typically hard-coded
the F5 gig interface and set the switch port with port
negotiation disabled. In order to configure the F5
gig interface using auto-negotiation, I've had to
enable port negotiation on the switch port.

The biggest headache is it's not reproducible in a lab
environment. Seems you've got to let the big-ip sit
in a production environment for some time to see it
occur ... and then ofcourse you've got yourself a
major outage when it does occur.

http://tech.f5.com/home/bigip/solutions/hardware/sol3138.html