[load balancing] Interesting requirement

From: tony bourke (tonyIZZATvegan.net)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 11:38:18 EST

    Hi All,

    I've got an interesting question for all you vendors out there. I know
    most of the load balancing vendors can do ACLs, and I know most of them
    can do Layer 7 URL operations, but can any of them apply ACLs on URLs
    based on source IP? (Honest, I wasn't trying to do an acronym overload.)

    I'd like a balancer that can block a specific IP or group of IPs from
    accessing a specific URL, while letting everyone else at that URL.

    I know there are some firewall products out there that can do it, but I'd
    like to do it in a balancer since I need one anyway.

    Tony

    --
    Tony Bourke				tonyIZZATvegan.net