RE: [load balancing] F5 BigIP Persistence Checking

From: Bryan Skene (b.skeneIZZATf5.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 15:24:04 EDT

    The common problems are:

    1. Not turning off keep alives

    2. Inserting cookies into cacheable content (this causes other clients behind the same
    cache to get the wrong cookie). Solution: write a rule to send all requests for cacheable
    content (.jpg, .gif, etc) to a non-cookie persistence vip and set all other content to non-cacheable.

    p.s. You can change the pool name to ignore all prior cookies.

    -Bryan