[load balancing] F5 BigIP Persistence Checking

From: Chris Kirby (ckirbyIZZATstreetviews.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 11:22:19 EDT

    I'm trying to configure persistence checking on our F5 Bigip
    box so a user is always returned to the same node. The pool
    has been set with insert cookie persistence with a 30 minute
    timeout. We have one virtual server that uses this pool as a
    resource.

    However, our logon sessions are still getting bounced around
    different nodes when clicking through the site. Does the
    persistence mode take awhile to take effect or is it immediate?
    Do all pre-existing cookies have to be deleted on the web browser
    clients first? Just throwing out some questions. :)

    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Chris.