RE: [load balancing] FW: F5 BigIP OID's

From: Chris Kirby (ckirbyIZZATstreetviews.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 10:12:43 EDT

    Great! This was a great help in getting all of the OID's that I needed. Just
    have
    one more to source out, if it's available.

    I made a script that takes a pool name and lists the node members. I can
    look
    at other OID's to see if the node member status is up, down, in maintenance
    mode, etc.

    However, is there an OID for each node member that I can look at which will
    tell me if the node is being considered as an "active" node by BigIP. What I
    mean by this is that we have some pools with 2 node members, each one
    having a different priority level. One is priority 10 and one is priority 5
    so the
    priority 5 node is only used when the priority 10 node is down or has too
    many connections.

    In this scenario, the priority 5 member is "active" but is not receiving any
    traffic. Is there a way to determine using an OID when this node member
    starts being used by the load balancing algorithm.

    Thanks.

    Chris.