[load balancing] F5 BigIP OID's

From: Chris Kirby (ckirbyIZZATstreetviews.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 16:48:23 EDT

    I am writing a custom script to retrieve some OID's from the F5 BIGIP
    products.
    I know where to get most of the the information but have some questions.

    Was wondering if any documentation exists that will explain the function of
    each OID and what the possible values for each? Some are obviously user
    defined and are not preset by BigIP, but there are some like
    1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.1.1.8.2.1.4 which gives a value of "2" if the node is in
    maintenance mode and a value of "1" if it isn't. I was able to figure this
    out
    with some trial and error, but for many of the other OID's that have numeric
    values, I don't know what the numeric values represent so it's a guessing
    game until I do some trial and error. Would like to learn more about this.
    Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

    Also, while I found most OID's I needed, there's some I could not.

    - An OID that will tell me if a node is up or down due to a problem found
    - An OID that will tell me if a node is on "standby" (eg. on a lower
    priority
      level than another node so it's not handling packets at the moment).

    Any info would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Chris.