Re: [load balancing] lb choice problem & tech. questions

From: Andrew Georgakopoulos (angeoIZZATforthnet.gr)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 13:20:10 EDT

    Rob Lohman wrote:

    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > I'am new to the list and very glad to have found it. Good
    > (technical) information & people to talk to about hw load
    > balancers is allmost impossible to find!
    <sniped>

    Hi Rob!

    We also use the local director (model 430) and have found that it has
    numerous problems also, especially when it comes to UDP, bridging and
    SNMP. We are waiting for a reply from cisco but I am afraid that they
    will not be able to solve our problems.

    I was wondering how many of you out there have a cisco local director
    and what type of problems have you encountered...?

    Cheers and good luck!!
    Andy

    --

    ******************************** Andreas Georgakopoulos Systems Administration Athens NOC - FORTHnet S.A. e-Mail: angeoIZZATforthnet.gr ********************************