Re: [load balancing] Cookie Persistence

From: robert <r.rauch [izzat] mobilkom.at>
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 07:46:21 EDT

Tony Bourke <tony <at> vegan.net> writes:

> Since there hasn't been much traffic on the list lately, I thought I
> might throw out a topic for discussion.
>
> Cookie persistence, your thoughts? Crucial or superfluous?
>
> Tony

Very very crucial.. For our services we need extensive persistence so our
services work correctly, we use passive cookies and also insert, we also use
layer 7 persistence. I think the trick is working out what persistence is best
suited to each application, every application works a bit differently with
cookies. When this is clear cookie persistence works fine on the Application
Switches and when the correct load is present.