[load balancing] Alteon AD3 and Port 9 fiber uplink

From: Sven Willenberger <sven [izzat] dmv.com>
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 17:22:03 EST

We have an AD3 w/ 10.0.32.1 WebOS and are trying to use the port 9
(fiber) for an uplink. When we plug a fiber connector from the alteon to
the router (uplink) we cannot ping or otherwise access the machine. When
we use copper to connect the port 1 (fast ethernet) to the router, all
works well.

All 9 ports are part of vlan 1 and all are configured exactly alike
right now (the alteon contains the factory image with the exception of
having the /c/if configured and sshd enabled.

Anything blatant that I a missing here?

Sven