Re: [load balancing] LB API

From: Thomas Obermair <thomas.obermair [izzat] inlab.de>
Date: Mon Feb 01 2010 - 12:34:40 EST

Hi,

I wouldn't call it an API, but with our product BalanceNG you are able
to issue configuration changes remotely using SSH simply by piping
commands into the control interface. Using a pipe locally is as simple
as that (for example):

# echo "disable server 1" | bng auxctl

Best Regards,
Thomas

Anil wrote:
> I am thinking of getting a LB, I have the following main requirements:
>
> Should have the option of doing high availability
> Must have some kind of API option, so I can do remote management of
> the LB (being able to add/delete/modify LB configurations).
>
> Is there such a product out there? I think I saw some reference to
> some programmable API for some Barracuda LB but can't remember now.
>
> Thanks!

Thomas Obermair
Inlab Software GmbH, http://www.inlab.de
Josef-Wuerth-Str. 3, 82031 Gruenwald, Germany
Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB 94795
Geschaeftsfuehrer (CEO): Thomas Obermair
BalanceNG - The Software Load Balancer for Linux and Solaris
- Free download and trial at: http://www.inlab.de/balanceng/