[load balancing] GSLB proximity RTT

From: Kathleen Moriarty <moriartk1 [izzat] rcn.com>
Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 20:00:47 EST

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out what GSLB options are used by Nortel and Juniper products. The Nortel online documentation lists

gmetric leastconns|roundrobin|response|geographical|network|ran-
dom|availability|qos|minmisses|hash|local|always|remote|none

But, I am not able to find what exactly each of the two vendors does for their device to client (or client's DNS server) RTT queries. Does anyone know what type of metric is used for each of the vendors (if they do a client proximity poll or not).

Thank you,
Kathleen