RE: [load balancing] Alteon load balanced server calls to the VIP fail

From: Martin Foote <martin_foote [izzat] hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 12:39:16 EST

Hello

I have now resolved the issue also, it would appear the teaming of the
server NICs was not compatible with the load balancer and because of this it
was getting confused and trying to send the packet to the secondary NIC's
MAC, so the TCP handshake was not being completed.

So watch out for TLB configured HP teaming on Windows 2000 servers, the
configuration has now been changed to an Active-Standby setup and seems
stable 100% of the time.

Cheers
Martin

---