Re: [load balancing] best load balancer

From: Ramin K <ramin-list [izzat] badapple.net>
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 01:50:48 EST

nevot wrote:
> Hi all,
> we are now going to change our old CSS 11154 from cisco, and I want to
> hear your opinion about what are the best load balancers. We have two
> special requisites, to know:
> - transparent mode (will balance syslog-udp, among other protocols, so
> we need to know the original IP)
> - fault tolerant (redundancy)
> - we are using currently for one of our services the sticky srcip
> feature from cisco which mantains a session to a node during a specified
> time, not balancing to other node if the timeout is not reached.
>
> What are your opinions?

I have been out of the load balancing game for a number of years, but
I'd still have a hard time thinking of any product that does not do the
above.

Of course things might get more interesting if under fault tolerant you
also want it to preserve state the state of all connections when
failover happens.

Ramin