Re: [load balancing] Subnet Sporadically Disappears on AD4 Pair w / VRRP

From: Jason J. W. Williams <jasonjwwilliams [izzat] gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 19:22:33 EST

Hi Richard,

   Here's the interesting thing. By turning off VRRP on the offending
subnets and by turning off NIC bonding (active-standby) in Linux on both
real servers (10.100.61.8 and 10.1.61.9) in the subnet the problem went
away. However, by leaving VRRP off and re-enabling NIC bonding on
10.100.61.8 the entire subnet has started to get taken down again 48 hours
later. Must be something the Alteon doesn't like about NIC bonding. Anybody
have any ideas? To my reading, NIC bonding is a completely physical layer
thing (unless you're doing active-active).

Best Regards,
Jason