RE: [load balancing] DNS Order

From: Tim Maestas <lbIZZATdnsconsultants.com>
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 23:42:40 EST

While that's true for A records, that is not necessarily true for
delegated domains. Modern versions of Bind will internally track round
trip times to nameservers for a given domain and will tend to favor
servers with better round trip times for queries. However, since it has
to periodically check all of the nameservers to see if query time has
deteriated or improved, you will see queries to all nameservers, just more
to the one that performs better.

-Tim