Re: [load balancing] [Alteon switch] enable/disable virtual site inconsistence

From: John Luo (john.luoIZZAToracle.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 18:51:41 EST

    Hi, Scott.

    Yes, it is vip and I am using /cfg/slb/virt 1/ena/apply and
    /cfg/slb/virt 1/dis/apply in testing now. Using SNMP write has the same
    inconsistence. Basically I need to do some runtime status monitering for
    a vip configured and the vip may be enabled/disabled by a user through
    some web interface. This may happen when the user want to bring down the
    vip temporarily to update something or do some work on real servers.
    However, when the vip is enabled on the switch again, quite often it is
    not accessible. From what I can see, it may be because of the all 0 arp
    address I mentioned in previous email.

    The OS version I am using is 9.0.38.

    Thanks

    John