[load balancing] Alteon Features?

From: Casassa, Nathan (ncasassaIZZATgnilink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 10:34:11 EST

    Is anyone aware of the possibility to configure a slow start type feature,
    or maybe limit the connections per second on a real server. For example,
    when a server comes up we would like to limit the amount of connections sent
    to it for a short period of time until things are balanced out to avoid
    overloading. Or if we can limit the cps to curb DoS attacks, etc. Sort of
    like slow start and synguard on the Local Director platform.

    Nate