[load balancing] Alteon returns server IP to customer

From: Shahar Hershkovich (shaharIZZATxor.co.il)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 05:38:05 EST

    Hi all.

    I have a strange issue with an AD3 Alteon.
    Once in a while it starts sending the response from the web servers without replacing the source IP address to the VIP address. The firewall then drops the packed seeing a response for a connection that doesn't exists.
    I thought that maybe it's a matter of the Alteon's client to server table timed out but this is not the case (the response is too fast, a few seconds the most).
    DAM is enabled but as I see it, it shouldn't be an issue? or is it?

    I'm running the Alteon with OS version 8.323.
    Any one encountered this kind of problem?

    Thanks.

    Shahar Hershkovich
    Xor Technologies
    www.xor.co.il