Re: [load balancing] CSS hangs after 16Mb of traffic into GE port for transparent proxies

From: Stephane Litkowski (st_litkowskiIZZAThotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 16:00:43 EST

    CPU's are not really dedicated to port ...
    If you have a CSS under than 800 series, there's only one SFP/SCP (so one
    CPU).
    On CSS 800, there's 2 SFP per SFM, and loadsharing between SFP is done based
    on a hashing function on L4 ports :

    result : 00 - SFP1 01 - SFP2 10 - SFP3 11 - SFP4

    Hashing operation is done by ASIC (FPP) to choose CPU charged for the flow.