RE: [load balancing] CSS hangs after 16Mb of traffic into GE port for transparent proxies

From: Massar, Marc (Marc.MassarIZZATanritsu.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 12:43:59 EST

    Yep...Layer 7 functions are performed in the CPU's dedicated to every port.
    Next time you slide one of the blades out, take a look at how many
    processors are sitting on there. ;) If you aren't "switching" based on
    specific urls or cookies, try port based (Layer 4) decisions instead. It
    didn't look like your config had any special url needs.