RE: [load balancing] F5 BigIP MIB

From: Doug Sebastian (d.sebastianIZZATf5.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 19:09:32 EST

Chris,
Octets I believe refer to groupings of 8 bits or a single byte so
there will 1 byte for each octet and
8 bits for each octet. If you only need 32 bits of precision then
you will want to use the OctetsIn and not the OctetsInHi32. Whether
or not you need more precision would be determined by how much
traffic you are putting through your BIG-IPs and the polling interval.
If your 32 bit counters will roll over more then once during your
polling interval then you will need to use both counters. Otherwise
you will do fine with the lower 32 bit counters.

Doug Sebastian
F5 Networks