[load balancing] Re:

From: Simon Lvov (slvovIZZATalteon.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 12:51:07 EST

    Lary,
    I'm not an expert on arrowpoints (as you could see from my email address :-),
    but even if you can configure it right, it won't do much good for you -
    m$ explorer forcefully renegotiates SSL sessions every 90 seconds (to leverage ssl
    performance advantage of iis, I believe).
    The only reliable way to ensure persistency is using SSL offload device and cookie persistency.
    There are couple of other ways, but they all brake at certain points.
    The devices above you can get from alteon, intel, cacheflow, f5 and others.
    I can provide you more info on alteon's solution if you wish.

    simon...