RE: [load balancing] Verisign and Load Balancers

From: Settle, Sean (SeanSettleIZZATalliantfs.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 18:35:17 EST

    From: Eric Gray [mailto:egrayIZZATsitesmith.com]
    Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 2:52 PM
    To: lb-lIZZATvegan.net
    Subject: Re: [load balancing] Verisign and Load Balancers

    >If this takes off, it will become another bullet point for SSL
    >acceleration outside of the web servers. Such as Ipivot or BIG-IP. But
    >then Verisign will go, "hey, that traffic was encrypted at one time, so
    >you still have to pay us..."

    That is exactly what they are trying to say to many customers, which is an
    arguement that just doesn't hold water in my opinion.

    Sean Settle
    "To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men" - Ella
    Wheeler Wilcox
    X Network Services Q NPC X
    Phoenix, AZ
    SMTP: seansettleIZZATalliantfs.com
    [obDisclaimer: Speaking entirely for myself and not my employer]