Re: [load balancing] Cascading switches off of a Foundry switch

From: tony bourke (tonyIZZATvegan.net)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 17:04:07 EST

    Hi Gary,

    Not necessarly true... the only thing that needs to happen is that
    L2 traffic flows through the load balancer at some point between the
    Internet and the servers. This gives the load balancer the chance to
    re-write the packets on the way in and on the way out.

    Source NATs aren't necessary if everything is on the same subnet.

    Tony

    Tony Bourke tonyIZZATvegan.net