RE: [load balancing] F5 BigIP Re-Directing IP's

From: Jay Allison (j.allisonIZZATf5.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 19:13:32 EST

    You can create a SNAT on the external interface.
    This will basically do Source NAT, and make it appear that all traffic is originating from the Big-IP.

    To do this from the command line you need to:
    bigpipe interface exp0 source enable
    bigpipe snat map default to <free IP address on external side>
    bigpipe vip <IP and port> use pool <poolname with IP on internet>

    One thing to note. In doing this you are basically masking the client IP address from the server. So if you are keeping user statistics based on site, they will not show up correctly on the web server but show up as <free IP address on the external side> as mentioned above.

    Hope this helps, and if you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to drop an email to me, this list or supportIZZATf5.com.

    Jay Allison
    F5 Networks