Re: [load balancing] F5 BigIP Re-Directing IP's

From: Alex Samonte (asamonteIZZATsitesmith.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 18:56:47 EST

    On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 04:41:04PM -0500, Chris Kirby wrote:
    > Anyone know how to configure BigIP with a virtual server IP that simply
    > redirects to an external IP address on the Internet? We want to do this
    > during an upcoming physical location of some servers.

    If you need to redirect the whole set of IP services, you would have
    to do packet encapsulation with nat (you can do this with arrowpoint, radware
    and probably hydraweb)

    If you just need http redirected, you can use a single web server (or cleverly
    configure the F5's internal webserver) to send an HTTP redirect to the new
    IP. But remember, that's http only.

    -Alex