Re: [load balancing] MRTG and LocalDirector

From: Patrick Bartkus (patrckbIZZAThotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 08:34:09 EST

    Setting up the Local Director to respond to any SNMP can be frustrating. I
    found that I needed to specify which host from which I will be sending the
    queries.

    Also, make sure you have a relativly recent version of IOS.

    I'm running ": LocalDirector 416 Version 3.3.3"

    Here is my LD SNMP config:
    snmp-server host 10.10.2.109
    snmp-server enable traps
    snmp-server community public
    no snmp-server contact
    no snmp-server location

    For MRTG to graph anything you need to know the MIB values. The MIB for the
    LD is hard to find. I created a ticket with CCO and got this location (CCO
    login required)
    ftp://ftp.cisco.com/cisco/internet/localdirector/CISCO-LOCAL-DIRECTOR-MIB.my

    You will have to look through the MIBs and decide what you want to watch.

    Enjoy!
    Patrick

    ---
    Patrick Bartkus, CCNP Certified	Sr. Network Support Analyst
    Fleet Mortgage Group		    Columbia, SC
    If truth was not absolute, how could there be justice?