[load balancing] Load balancing adivice

From: sivakumar <siva.s.kumar [izzat] gmail.com>
Date: Mon Dec 01 2008 - 23:46:06 EST

I have an issue with load-balancing connections from a proxy server.

The issue is some of the services I am running on the backend server farm
require persistance. This is posing a problem as with source IP persistance
- the connections will all always go to the same real server as the
connection are all being sourced by the proxy server.

I have thought about cookie persistance, but think the same issue will occur
as the cookie will be placed on the proxy and not the real client intiating
the request. This also would refrain when it comes for https.

I have also thought of using L4 persistance but once again we will hit the
same issue as the same port will alway be coming from the proxy server.

Has anyone come across this issue before and know how to resolve it? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

-----
Regards,
Siva