[load balancing] fwlb with 2208 issues

From: <fw [ [izzat] ] doehni.dyndns.org>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 17:31:37 EST

hi list,
we got issues concerning alteon fwlb with a firewallload-sandwich 2 x 2208
on dirty and 2 x alteon 2208 (running alteon OS 22.0.3) on clean side.
These alteons balance two netscreen 208 firewalls.

Sometimes we have "out-of-state problems" (inbound traffic across
one firewall and the outbound traffic go back across another
firewall) We have enabled "hash" in the metric in the groups in the
alteons(clean side/dirty side) but sometimes! a ACK paket was balanced to
the wrong firewall and the session accross the fw-sandwich timed out.

Do I have to enable rts on the vrrp link (trunk between the alteons)?
Which other problem could cause this? (There is no NAT between dirty and
clean side)

the fw port:

/c/slb/port 1
        client ena