Re: [load balancing] Selecting a hardware load balancer

From: Shawn Nunley <nunleyIZZATgmail.com>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 16:05:20 EST

I'm not sure if Jay knows about the bake-off that recently happened,
so I don't think he was FUDflinging. The point he was making has been
mostly true, historically. It has been very difficult in the past to
get a bake-off to the final stages since the reviewer's have had such
a hard time getting certain vendors to submit. Hopefully this is
changing, but I know of at least a couple bake-offs that were scuttled
because the 2 market leaders in the category declined to participate.
A bake-off is hardly relevant if they are not in it.

In any case, we look forward to more of these events in the future.
It's always nice to have hard data.

-Shawn
Director, Technology Development
NetScaler, Inc.

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:58:47 -0800, John Hall <j.hall@f5.com> wrote:

> Jay,
>
> I find some of your assumptions interesting to say the least. My
> understanding is that we shall see at least two independent bake-offs
> in the next few months and I *know* Netscaler was invited to at least
> one of them. FUDflinging aside, I eagerly look forward to these
> reports, since we both have terrific products to compete with.
>
> JMH
>
> --
> John Hall Test Manager - Switch Team F5 Networks, Inc.

Shawn Nunley, CISSP