Re: [load balancing] BIG-IP TCP session table question

From: Bill Whitson <b.whitsonIZZATf5.com>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 16:01:19 EST

Matt,

The answer to this question is somewhat version dependent. Assuming you are
on 4.x or earlier, enabling IP forwarding should allow just about anything
through. Even with IP forwarding enabled, some versions will not allow
packets to pass if the source address matches a SNAT and BIG-IP did not
catch the syn to set up a connection.

In more recent versions, you can also use a forwarding virtual server.

See the following docs to get started:

http://tech.f5.com/home/bigip/solutions/iprouting/sol473.html
http://tech.f5.com/home/bigip/solutions/natsnat/sol2251.html

Bill