RE: [load balancing] URL hashing

From: m m <m100298IZZATyahoo.fr>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 04:31:14 EST

Hi Peter,

It is possible to do this in https ?

thanks very much.

Example:
https://www.abc.net/abcd/test.php?sessionid=sdsqnkfqsj

where a URL hash of "sdsqnkfqsj"

Peter Degrassi <degrassi@layer227.com> wrote:
To do this for the specific sessionid value I would configure passive cookie persistence and instruct the switch to look for the cookie (sessionid) in the URI...

>> SW1 - Virtual Server 1 http Service# pbind cookie
Enter passive|rewrite|insert cookie persistence mode [p/r/i]: p
Enter Cookie Name: sessionid
Enter the starting point of the cookie value [1-64]: 1
Enter number of bytes to extract [1-64]: 10
Look for cookie in URI [e|d]: e

Peter