[load balancing] Cisco CSS - One VIP breaks Another!

From: hdnIZZATgoldmedal.co.uk
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 05:10:59 EST

    Hi

    I hope somebody can help. I have a VIP and use header-field groups to
    reference directories on our website. The content rules using these groups
    are designed to direct traffic to different groups of servers based on back
    end processes. I have a basic layer 4 rule (http) that catches all the
    strays that don't require specific rules.

    I have a second VIP that we use for development and testing that has
    identical rules to the production VIP and I was under the impression I could
    mess with this without affecting my live environment.

    I am working under the second development vip and am trying to enhance our
    load balancing by using URQLs. I have got this working great BUT it causes
    the rules in the production VIP to stop functioning except for my basic
    catch all rule. A roll back does not get the live VIP working again and I
    have to reboot the CSS.

    I cannot work out why this is so? The header-field groups and URQLS are
    obviously global settings but I would have thought that they would only have
    effect to any rule that addresses them?

    Has anyone had this difficulty before?

    Heath Dickinson CCNA MCP
    IT Comms Administrator
    Goldmedal Travel Group PLC
    Tel: 01772 835106
    Email: hdnIZZATgoldmedal.co.uk

    Gold Medal Travel E Mail disclaimer
    This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
    legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
    addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended
    recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on
    this e-mail.