RE: [load balancing] Accessing VIP from the inside on Cisco CSM

From: Cheney, Sean (sean_cheneyIZZATgroton.pfizer.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 11:04:19 EST

    As suggested here, NAT is the way to go. The only problem is, everything in
    your logs wil look like they are coming from the same IP address. It's
    timing out because the server is simply arp'ing back to the connecting IP
    address(cause it's on the same subnet) and circumventing traveling back
    across the load balancer.

    Another choice(though ugly) is to use host entries on your servers so that
    when they are connecting back to certain things, they don't go through your
    VIP's, or you could use a combination of host entries and associated VIP's
    just for your servers. At least this way, you still see unique IP address
    in your logs for all the customer traffic.