RE: [load balancing] F5 BigIP HA Questions

From: Chuck Adkins (Chuck.AdkinsIZZATtheice.com)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 10:27:53 EST

    About SSL endpoint w/o SSL hardware - if your license allows for proxies
    of type "SSL" instead of just "Akamize" - then you can certainly use it
    to break SSL. I know this to be true for at least the 4.2-code. All
    the hardware buys you is the initial SSL handshake, the bulk-crypto is
    still done on the CPU - which may or may not be important depending on
    you app/traffic/etc.

    Chuck