From: frank (chocobofrankIZZAThotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 01:41:02 EST

    Dear all,

    I have a dumb question : which is the best load balance available nowaday ? As I am going to deploy a load balancing solution onto my website. Requirement will be stated below.

    Background / Requirement :
    1. Several Web site now running under around 5 web server under the same subnet.
    2. Over 50 million hits per second.
    3. Average page size 300kb
    4. Connection persistancy is nice to have.
    5. SSL would be a future option.
    6. Up to now no plan for streaming media (but already received several request).
    7. Now the site is only single homed while we also received request for multihoming therefore GSLB is also one of our required option for future upgrade.
    8. We plan to roll out this solution in two phases, and High Availability will be included as the second phase task.

    Now I am evaluating the brand F5, Foundry, Radware, Alteon, Cisco and would like to know which product is the best.

    Rgds,
    Frank