RE: [load balancing] f5 3-DNS Controller loadbalancing

From: Thanh Nguyen (ThanhIZZATmidstream.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 12:10:33 EST

    Mark,
    I sincerely thank you for replying to my post.

    However, I still have a "little problem" :)
    The problem is that at this time, I do not have neither a bigIP nor 3-DNS
    Controller yet. I am in "researching" mode to see if the 3-DNS controller
    product can actually work with our server which has UCD-SNMP agent running
    on it. Therefore, I don't have access to the mib
    "/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/3dns.my".

    I am kind a want to ask if there is anyway you could share me the 3dns.my
    file. That way, I can see exactly what OID within the mib.

    Also,since I don't have the 3dns box and so I don't know how it works
    yet.... I have a follow up question for you... Does the 3-DNS box polls
    (SNMPGET) the agent which runs on my server for the value of those OIDs in
    the 3dns.my mib or the agent SNMPSET the value of those attribute to the
    3dns server ?

    Once again, thank you very much for your response and your help. I greatly
    appreciated it.

    Thanks.

    Thanh Nguyen.