Re: [load balancing] f5 3-DNS Controller loadbalancing

From: Mark Natoli (mnatoliIZZATappliedtheory.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 09:03:31 EST

    On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Thanh Nguyen wrote:

    > Does anyone out there know what MIB OIDs does the F5 3-DNS Controller is
    > querying the UCD-SNMP agent for loadbalancing ?
    > A list of MIB file names and/or mib OID would be very useful.
    > Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

     3DNS MIB = /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/3dns.my

    To get number of times a BIG-IP Virtual Server is used for a DNS
    resolution, use this OID:
     .1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.1.2.1.1.3.4.1.6

    If you are using host not behind a BIG-IP use this OID:
     .1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.1.2.1.1.4.4.1.6

      I did run into an issue using this OID where an snmpget caused named on
    my 3dns to dump core and exit. So I would recommend configuring in a test
    environment.

    -Mark