RE: [load balancing] BigIP's and trunking

From: Rick Masters (r.mastersIZZATf5.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 22:04:18 EST

    Tim,

    There is a description of the trunk command
    in the BIG-IP 4.0 reference guide, pg 2-81.
    BIG-IP trunks are standard 802.1q trunks
    that should work with your cisco, assuming it
    supports standard interface trunks.

    Outbound packets are "load balanced" across
    the links by big-ip using its trunking logic.
    In addition, you'll have to configure the set of
    interfaces as a trunk on the cisco as well.
    Packets inbound for the BIG-IP are load balanced by
    the cisco using its particular trunking logic.

    -Rick Masters