Re: [load balancing] Initial Setup Help

From: Daniel Peterson (pdiddy_saIZZATyahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 11:43:28 EST

    Greetings,

    It sounds like there is no network layer
    communications. Did you create an interface on the
    Alteon with the 192.168.x.x interface? Once the IP
    interface is created that should be associated with a
    VLAN then that Vlan configured on the port to which
    the hub is plugged into.

    I'm not definitely sure that it will automatically NAT
    your connections, but I'm pretty sure if your VIP is
    reachable from the outside world that the Alteon will
    be able to load balance the traffic properly.

    Who designed these things...

    Hope this helps,

    Dan